Digital Transformation in Biopharma
Over the last three decades, the cost of drug R&D has increased by ten-fold. As a result, biopharmaceutical companies are looking for new ways to approach modern day drug hunting. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has been a catalyst for many organisations to embrace the opportunities that digitisation brings.
As pharma companies continue to face growing challenges, adopting digital strategies and harnessing the champions within their organisations holds tremendous potential. The digital revolution has already begun – so avoid getting left behind!
We are excited to share with you our latest report – ‘Digital Transformation in Biopharma – A Review’ – with unique insights and lessons learned from biopharma in this digital revolution.
This report is useful for all those in biopharma at different stages along the digital journey. Building upon insights gained from our ‘Digitising Pharma R&D webinar series’, this report provides key insights and lessons learned into how to get ahead during this digital transformation.
This report is jam-packed with the key challenges and perspectives experienced by companies who are currently adopting digital strategies. With exclusive interviews and case studies, this report explores how digitisation is helping biopharma companies improve the way they collect, analyse and store data for pharma R&D.
- Chapter 1: Why be a digital pharma player? A discussion of the motivations behind digitisation at scale and why it is important to keep up.
- Chapter 2: Increasing velocity in preclinical R&D. In this chapter, we focus on how preclinical R&D represents a huge opportunity to improve productivity challenges.
- Chapter 3: Automation in drug discovery. This chapter covers ways in which modern automated technology can transform the R&D lab into the lab of the future – from wet lab pipetting techniques to LIMS.
- Chapter 4: Harnessing AI/ML for R&D. AI and ML are transforming the industry. In this chapter, the role of AI and ML in drug discovery are explored as well as the challenges to its widespread adoption.
- Chapter 5: Digitising clinical trials. Clinical trials are changing. This chapter will look at how digitisation is impacting clinical trials – from data collected via wearables to increasing patient engagement through communication channels.
- Chapter 6: Harnessing data and analytics at scale. An exploration of the various ways pharma are looking to transform the way they analyse data.
- Chapter 7: Grand challenges to adoption. Despite the promise of digitisation, several challenges remain. This chapter highlights the challenges to adoption and how these are being addressed by pharma now.
- Chapter 8: The path towards digital pharma R&D. A summary of the digital path ahead and what this means for pharma R&D.
Contributors to ‘Digital Transformation in Biopharma‘:
- Casandra Mangroo, Vice President of Science, BenchSci
- Cindy Novak, LCS, Lab Operations, Systems Manager, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Sonia Houston Pichardo, Digital Trials lead Europe, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Sreetama Basu, Data Scientist, Merck
Download the ‘Digital Transformation in Biopharma’ report for free here.Download